Volume 11 Music

Volume 11 Music

Friday, June 3, 2011

WTF Alert!-Coachella 2012 tickets went on sale today?


It's been about 40 days since I got back from Coachella 2011 and I am still recovering!  Now, word has come of big changes for 2012's big event in Indio, CA......2 weekends of Coachella madness!  In a move aimed at pleasing the thousands of music lovers left out in the cold from this year's record breaking sellout festival....a second IDENTICAL trio of dates has been added.  Now, this is just fine by me, but I do wonder how they will secure so many artists for 2 weekends in a row and not have a few glitches.  The bigger matter at hand is how they expect many of us to commit to a date nearly one year in advance?  I just got done paying for this year's event (well worth it) and now I have to pay for the 2012 edition right after.  They do have a nifty 10% down with 8 equal payments in the following months....but still, that's a lot of money for us workin' folks.

I do applaud the Coachella masterminds in their efforts to advert scalpers, as they scooped up way too many tix and camping passes this year.  I just hope more tickets will become available later in the year and that the typical layaway program will be in effect.

I still plan on attending my second Coachella festival in 2012, but buying tickets right now is just too early for this guy.  I've included a link for those of you willing to make a commitment now....which weekend will you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment